Saturday, December 26, 2009

Texas Blizzard/ Christmas Photo Blog 2009

Texas is a fickle place...when it comes to the weather here anyway. December 23rd the high was 77 degrees. On December 24th the temperature dropped steadily and by noon the snow started to fall. I spent my morning from 8am to 4 pm at work where we were steady but not crazy. After work I headed to my sisters house during the worst part of the storm, I never got above 35 miles an hour an the way. There was high winds and a BUNCH of snow came down! We got 3 inches in several hours. I hate being cold so I wasn't thrilled about this weather let alone driving in it. When I drove home from my sisters at 10 pm that night the roads were basically an ice skating rink. It took me 2 hours to drive 30 miles. This trip usually takes me 25 minutes. I only got stuck once and managed to get myself out of it. I am pretty proud of myself as this is the first time in my life I had to drive on ice and I did a really good job. I got me and my pooches home safely. Here are some pictures of the day and the festivities at my sisters...no Mom there are no pictures of me! I am always the one taking them. My brother in law Jade managed to get a picture of me and my dog pack so as soon as I get it I will post it!

The snow starting to accumulate, I think this was about 12:30 in the afternoon on the 24th.


I can't believe the day before this it was 77 degrees!


Snow Art!


I made it to my sisters despite the blizzard! The kids posing for me. From left to right; Thomas, Christopher, and Alanna.


My sisters tree is always beautiful this is hand blown glass.





All the stockings lined up on the mantle...my family made a stocking for me this year...it even has a little dog on it!


By the time 4:30 rolled around there was about 2 inches of snow and it was still coming down!


The dogs venture out into the snow...this was Daddy and Stan's first snowfall and the first good one for Lily and Suki in 6 years. There are no pictures of Daddy in the snow because he just stood on the porch looking pathetic the whole time. He did play in the snow but it was after it stopped falling. I guess he likes to get snowed on as much as he likes to get rained on. He is such a cream puff!


Suki making some "yellow" snow!


Lily checking it out.
Stan Loved it! He went tearing around the yard like a maniac!





A little break from running...Suki is almost up to her elbows!


Lily Loves the snow as well...she turned 11 this year and is still able to keep up with the puppy!







Stan getting a taste of the snow...Lily is getting cold already.


More romping around.


My brother-in-law Jade. I love this picture! I also took one of my sister and him together but it ended up being over exposed. I am learning alot about my camera and sometimes fail to get good shots. The real bummer is on the 2 inch preview screen it looks great and then I get it home and it looks really lame on the computer screen.



Lily is starting to get cold but it having too much fun...look at her face here.



Not too cold for one more romp around the yard with Stan Lee!


Stan was having so much fun he wouldn't come in the house even though he is freezing!


Alanna never puts the phone down.....ever.


My sister Debra working hard on our Holiday feast!



These were taken the next morning before I went to work...it was really pretty, the snow is so sparkly in the sunlight..if you look close you can see that in one of these.


Icicles on my patio overhang...so pretty but now they are gone, so is the snow. Now it is just muddy and cold. I am so happy I got to have some snow even though I complained about it the whole time and hated traveling in it. It was nice to have a "White Christmas". See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment