Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fall Semester 2009.

Finally! This school year is over and I am officially on Winter break! So far I have wasted several hours playing with my Farm on Facebook, started picking up the house a little in preparation for a serious scrubbing and caught up on a couple of my episodes of House that I had saved up on the DVR. This is my third blog post in two days which is pretty awesome. The semester went great and compared to my first Fall semester it was fantastic! I was reading my blog that I wrote pretty close to the end of the 2008 Fall semester and I am amused at how stressed I was (see "On Being Tired" Nov 2008). This semester seemed easier and went by faster even though I was taking much harder classes. Most of you know, I took Human Anatomy and Physiology II plus the lab, Computer science plus a lab, and U.S. Government. I also started with Intermediate Algebra but as some of you know I had to drop it because my instructor for that class was confusing the hell out of me. I ended up with A's in A&P and Computer science and a B in Government class. I am a little bummed about the B but I tried my hardest and a B is really not a tragedy (maybe a little one). My GPA is 3.7 which I think is pretty respectable and should get me a spot in the Radiology Tech. program. I am really looking forward to my time off from school and already have some fun stuff scheduled. I am going to sleep in everyday until I don't feel like sleeping anymore and I am hoping to finish my novel I have been reading; Fyodor Dostoevskys' "The Brothers Karamazov". My brother John is going to fly me out to the California Bay Area for a five or six days in January, one of my co-workers and hopefully soon to be buddy Stephanie, has planned for a couple nights out on the town for us, another work buddie wants me to take some engagement photos in downtown Fort Worth, and I want to go see my friend Lisa and her beautiful new daughter Ava. I am also spending some time with my sister and the kiddos on Christmas Eve and some time with the rest of the family in Texas on Christmas Day. I don't have plans for New Years Eve but I am looking for something to get into. I plan on resting a lot and doing pretty much what I want when I want to. I am already looking forward to the next semester but am really going to enjoy my time off...I won't get anymore until next Winter break. Keep your eyes peeled for new and exciting blog posts. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've got a fantastic and relaxing vacation planned. I'm jealous! Unfortunately, mine doesn't start until Christmas. But I have to say it: Fall Semester 2008?? Haha! I caught myself writing 2008 on some things last week - our brains must be mush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it Sara! Thanks for pointing it out so I don't look like a dill weed!

    ReplyDelete