Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update on Miss Lils

I am happy to report that Miss Lily is doing great!  She is 10 days post op and had her first full meal of her regular diet tonight.  She ate all of it, a little slower than usual but she did finish it.  She is still on pain medication and is still taking three different antibiotics as well as pepcid.  She will be done with some of those meds by the end of the weekend.
Yesterday I removed her e-collar while I could watch her because she got her bone and wanted to chew on it, she can't chew it with the collar on and looked pretty pitiful when she couldn't.  Today in the time it took me to go to the bathroom she was barking at someone outside, I of course rushed to get her back inside.  I am sure whoever it was, was terrified of the silly looking dog with the satellite dish on her head!  I am hoping she can have her staples out this weekend after she has her recheck with her doctor.
I am much more optimistic that she will do well now and am only mildly nervous and worried as opposed to terrified for her well being.
Thanks to all who have offered their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment