Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update on Lily

Just wanted to post a quick update on Lily.  She looks a little brighter today and is happy to see me when I am there.  She had to have a fresh frozen plasma transfusion early on Thursday morning to help with her low protein and it also has great anti-inflammatory qualities.  She is still on three different types of fluids, three antibiotics, pepcid, and anti vomiting meds (all injectable).  Her pain is finally well controlled and she has just started taking one oral medication. She has not had any vomiting but is still refusing to eat. Her prognosis is still guarded, and all is not perfect.  I am still really scared and am trying to spend as much time with her as possible.  I have had very minimal sleep and food but it is worth it to lay in the dog run and take little naps with my Lils.  It was great today to wake up and rub her belly and feel her stretch with contentment.  I will keep updating this so you all know what is going on.  Thanks to all that have offered their love and support, it means alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment