Monday, January 18, 2010

San Fransisco Trip Part I

Okay I know it has taken me forever to get around to this but I have been working every day since I returned and then there has been a problem with my photos of the trip.  Some of these are still not what I wanted them to be but I am working on trying to get the rest of the pictures.  There was a mishap with the pictures.  My camera is fine but some of my pictures got left in San Fransisco.  Kind of like a heart I guerss.  So here is the best that I can do for now.

My trip was great and I had a blast!  The trip started with the surprise visit from some old friends from LA!  They came up when they heard I would be there.  So Friday night was PARTY time!  We drank and laughed and played Wii.  Here are some pictures from that night.



My brother showing off the hat Joules made for him and his golf swing I guess.



Let the games begin!  We amused ourselves with the Wii for awhile.





Nikki never puts down her beer...or spills it.




Fun Times.

The next day we woke up hungover but managed to get cleaned up and headed out for downtown San Fransisco.



Piled in the car on our way to the BART station.  The BART is a metro rail that goes all over the bay area.


This pack of bike riders was cool.



My brother has to finish his smoke before we go down into the station.


Arrived at the BART now off to the train.



And so it begins.


Cool ceiling in the BART station.



I wonder why they didn't include defecating, urinating, bathing etc...


All of us waiting for the BART train.


The train finally got there.



Speeding past my brother and I.



Joules and John on the train ride into downtown.


Downtown San Fransisco.  Union Square.



These guys were tap dancing in the square.


The architecture was AMAZING!



The architecture in SF was amazing.  Most of the buildings are really old and the city seemed to have this layered look and feel to it.  I felt like I could have walked around all day taking pictures of all the amazing buildings I saw (much to the dismay of my travel buddies).



Out the window of the greasy spoon place where we had breakfast.



























After a few stops for drinks and food (we were a little lit at this point) we arrived in china town.




The gateway in.



Joules found a froggy golf buddy.


This place was packed and the store goods spilled out into the sidewalk.


This guy was playing traditional Chinese music on what looked like a tin can violin thing.





This cristian like church was in the middle of China Town ....I wonder why?


One of the best photos from the trip, China town light post, check, cool China Town building in the background, check, the name California, check, genuine Cali graffiti, check.


The Trans America building taken from the streets of China Town








We are boarding a bus to head off to fisherman's wharf.  And this is where I leave you this time.  I have tons more photos and will share them with you another time..hopefully in better shape than these are.  I had an awesome time and San Fransisco comes highly recommended.  Make sure you bring a back pack and good walking shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment