Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spingtime Photo Blog 2009

Happy Springtime All!

I know I have been MIA for the last month or so, I am currently taking Anatomy and Physiology during a six week summer course (insane I know). So I have had little time to do anything let alone write in my blog. My class is going great I got the highest grade in the class on the first lecture exam, a 96%(yes I do realize how nerdy I am and yes I am gloating a little bit). I haven't had time for the blog but I certainly can't let the beauty of this season pass me by, I have been able to take some photos this spring of my garden and some other things that for me, represent springtime so I thought I would share them with you here, in my second photo blog (hopefully this one comes out better than the last one). So here we go. Enjoy!



We have had quite a bit of rain here this spring...the sky here in Texas this time of year is pretty spectacular. This was after a really big storm.

This is sunset on the same day. The sun sets behind the back door of the hospital so I regularly get to catch a glimpse of it. Sometimes I have time to photograph it.


Extra springtime foliage brings wild creatures to hide in it! This is Miss Violet checking me out through the leaves of the Crepe Myrtle.

This is the Magnolia tree that grows in my front yard, because of all of the rain, it is covered with flowers. It took me awhile to catch one close enough to the ground so I could photograph it. The tree is much taller than the house! This bloom is probably 10 inches across!



This Crepe Myrtle will bloom from now until almost Fall. It provides some great privacy for me on the West side of my house as well as a wonderful color show!


Texas Hibiscus. It is not as fancy or large as the Hibiscus I am used to in California but it certainly is pretty, and it definitely reminds me of home.
"Gold Medal Rose" One of the newest additions to the garden this year and it just keeps on blooming and growing despite some nibbling by the local canines.


Shocking Pink Geraniums...these bloom constantly! I got them on sale at Lowes before Spring started they were only $1.59 a piece (there are two here) The best bang for the buck this year for sure!


Both of these are Oleander. I know, I know, this is poisonous to the dogs but it is in the front where they cannot get to it and it is too pretty to cut down. It will bloom from now until the end of Summer.


This is Sweet Pea Vine. It smells fantastic and is sooooo pretty! So far it only has two flowers but soon it will be covered with beautiful mixed colors and I bet I will be able to smell it from the front porch!!!



Had to throw in a picture of silly Stan Lee, he was curious about what I was doing on the other side of the fence. Beside puppies are very spring like! Check out the hackberry stuck in his lip!

Yellow Wildflowers in the field behind the animal hospital. They are not more than 1 inch across and so cute.


My rock patio after some nice spring rain.


This tree is so nice when it first starts growing in the spring time. I know spring is coming and the long dreary Winter is almost over.

3 comments:

  1. I am so envious of the beatiful garden you have there. I would love to have a big whiff of that sweat pea. We have some night blooming Jasmine in our backyard area. Everytime I smell of it it makes me think of you. I remember the one in your mom had in her back yard. Maybe a future addition to the garden??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig all the photos. I often take photos like that. Clouds, sky, nature.......bugs crawling across my porch.....took one of a tomato worm.(hornworm?) couple weeks ago. I love the pics. Great Stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the picture of the stepping stones! that would be an awsome framed picture!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete