Thursday, February 5, 2009

School Blues

So I have recently decided to change my academic plan to include getting my RT (Radiation technology). I went to see an advisor for the program on Monday and she tells me that 1. I have to have all of the non RT prerequsites done and 2. I need to have pretty much all A'a in those prerequsites to even be considered for the program they had 233 applicants last year and only 33 got in. I was feeling a little defeated and it made me tired to think about a whole year addtional before I can even apply to the program. But now I have spent the last 4 days feeling tired and depressed. I am trying to pull myself out of my funk.(It is slow going) I am trying to remain positive and formulate a plan of action. Here is what I have left to take before the spring semester next year in addition to all of the classes I have already taken and the classes I am taking this semester. I will have to take Anatomy and Physiology I and II a computer science course, Math 350, Medical terminology, and pathophysiology. So the plan is to take A&P I and medical terminology an the second summer session(I know you are thinking I am crazy to take A&P in a summer session but what chioce do I have really?) And then in the Fall of 09' I will have to take A&P II, computer science, math 350, and pathophysiology. Then I have to wait through a whole semester before I can apply to the program in March of 10'. I am already planning what classes I will need as the core for my BS degree. I guess I will take those in the fall. Anyway just wanted to keep you guys up to date on my school life. I briefly thought about giving up and just doing the RVT thing but I think that's a negative ghost rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment