Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finally!

Well I finally did it!  I am in the Radiologic Technologist program at TCC.  I got my acceptance letter today.  This has been a long journey and I am happy, and terrified that I finally did it.  It started last summer with the scramble to get all of my pre-requisites done.  I had to take Anatomy and Physiology I in the summer which was a huge undertaking in and of itself. In the Fall more Anatomy and Physiology among other classes.  But they are all done and I start the program June 1st.  I am elated and terrified at the same time.  Elated that I actually got in and will finally start on the road I have been trying to get to soon.  Terrified about the unknown future.  I have been a Veterinary Technician for 15 years and it is part of who I am.  I don't want to brag but I am really good at it.  I only wish I could make enough money to be comfortable without having to work 60+ hours a week.  It will be scary going to a field that I know some stuff about but not the most about.  I am also a little scared of the humans, although I am sure I will be fine.  I feel unsure about my other goals right now as well.  I had planed on getting my BA in Biology and then on to a graduate degree in some discipline of biology but I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now and I am trying not to think about it.  Starting this summer I will have to be in class at 7:30 am....I am already grumpy!  I hope I don't have to sit next to a morning person in class. I haven't had to be up that early everyday in a long time.  Anyway I thought I would post this monumental achievement as I am pretty proud of myself right now.  I only wish my Daddy were here to see and celebrate. Thank you everyone that told me I needed to go back to school, everyone who put up with my grumpy butt because I was tired, my sister for getting and keeping me out of financial trouble and all of my friends and family that continue to give their encourage and support.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Congratulations! This is fab news!!

    ReplyDelete