Friday, March 5, 2010

Making my Butt Smaller


On January 15th I started keeping track of everything I eat on a website one of my friends showed me. It is called Livestrong and they have a feature on it called The Daily Plate. On this thing you input your age, height, activity level and how much weight you want to lose per week. It then calculates how many calories you need to achieve this goal. So I started it and have lost 12 pounds! I have been struggling with my weight my whole life and have never found anything so easy to stick to. The magic of it is you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your calorie goal. The other night I ate Girl Scout cookies, ice cream and Doritos for dinner. The program doesn't judge it doesn't say "are you supposed to be eating that?" or "that isn't diet food" I am pretty optimistic at this point that I will be able to stick to this program. Another great thing about it is it also keeps track of your fat, fiber and protein consumption among other things. I realized pretty quickly when I started logging that I was eating too much fat (a remnant from the low carb diets I have been trying to stick to for years) and not nearly enough fiber. I have adjusted and seemed to have made some great changes that have helped me not only lose weight but also be healthier. Of course now there are groupies that want to be healthy as well. I have started looking better and so people at work are asking me what I am doing so I explain the site and they are trying it too. It is pretty awesome I have to say. I decided to include some food pictures in this blog for you guys. I love to take pictures of my food and haven't really had an occasion to share them but now seems like a good time. I will also include a link to the website in case any of you want to check it out. Until later bon appétit!
The Site, www.livestrong.com/dailyplate




In-N-Out Double Double Animal Style 690 calories (and worth every one!)


New England Clam Chowder at Horatios in San Leandro Marina Ca. 557 calories.


Sourdough Bread Horatio's 110 calories


I am not even going to guess how many this had...but it was divine!  And so rich. Crab Stuffed Mahi at Horatio's.


Jason's Deli California Club 826 calories


M&M's 240 calories


Shrimp Tacos I made, 660 calories for all three. 

Gummy Bears 130 calories


Lucky for me coffee has almost no calories.


Strawberries covered in Splenda, 45 calories


He He He.




Orange 62 calories.

3 comments:

  1. First of all...What camera do you use cause you take great photos. Comes out so clear!
    Oh I am sooo going to use that dailyplate app!
    When I was pregnant and had the gestational diabetes I was lucky enough to work with a nutritionist to keep my calorie intake and glucose down and I gained so much knowledge having one. It is surprising how some of the things that we think are good for us are not..Like cold cereal and granola. I never liked the taste on Splenda or sweet n low but I adapted. My hardest thing was cutting out sodas. I now live off of San Pellegrino sparkling water and love to mix it with those crystal light to go pouches on Ice or just squeeze in some fresh lemon and a small teaspoon of splenda. And besides Coffee another Free Calorie food Pickles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a Nikon D60. it is an SLR so it is mostly the awesome camera that does most of the work...I am responsible for the composition. I love it it is my favorite toy. I am so glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself...I have always worried about you with you diet of candy and sodas! Sometimes I think back to the Iris I met at the Uptown Animal Hospital all those years ago...crazy how things change and time flies right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and remember that doctor Sakimoto guy, I do from my Vet days. LOL Mom

    ReplyDelete