Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wasting Time and Rambling On

So I have been sitting here at the computer for far too long (I won't even mention how long). I have been working on my blog, adding some new gadgets and reading some of the things I have posted.


I can't believe that I have been in school for over a year now and have accomplished so much! It is funny to read some of the things I posted that first semester when I thought I would die of either exhaustion or animal hair ingestion. I thought back to how crazed I was that my house was dirty, the dogs weren't getting walked and that I was sleeping under the laundry piled on my bed (at least it is clean). Now I just walk past that stuff and shake my head. Sometimes I will spend a full minute looking at an enormous hair tumble weed and think about going on a cleaning frenzy but then I remember all of the homework I have, how tired I am, or the episodes of House saved on the DVR and the hair tumble weed doesn't seem all that important. The semesters have definitely become easier as time goes on. I have really learned how to manage my time and how to not care about he mess that is my car, house and sometimes life. School is my number one priority.


Each time I get a paycheck I am reminded of why I must finish. I am so tired of not having the money or time to do things and when I think about it, it seems like an eternity will have passed before I will be embarking on my new life. Until then I dream about taking vacations either with my family or to see my family. I dream about actually spending holidays with loved ones instead of at work(not that i don't enjoy most of the folks at work). I am even jealous of my friends on this blog that have time to update their blog on an almost daily basis. I want to be able to be a blog addict and write everyday. I want to have time to use my fancy camera I bought and post pictures on here for you all to enjoy. I want to lay on my couch for days in a row if I want to. I want clean floors and a bed that isn't covered in laundry. I want to have a normal relationship and possibly have a family of my own.

Don't get me wrong... I think about this stuff a lot but when I am really down and out I think about all of the people that do not have the opportunities I have, that don't have their own house and car let alone the time and fiances to go to school to better themselves. I am thankful as well as disappointed when I get my paycheck that I have a job and people that love me. Like my sister for example. Sometimes I look at her incredible life and I am jealous but mostly I realize how hard she has worked for what she has and that makes me want to work even harder. She is so smart and such a great inspiration. She also helps me when ever she can with money, an understanding ear, and sometimes a delicious meal and great food. My brother also helps out by telling me not to be too down on myself when I call him and tell him I feel bad that I had to have my little sister bail me out again. He tells me that is what family is for.

Anyway thought I would throw in a little rant so I had something to show for all of my time sitting on my butt in front of this computer. I think I hear an episode of House calling me from the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment